**UPDATED OCTOBER 2, 2020**
Central is ready to service your project, when you’re ready to start shooting again.
After a careful review of the OMPA’s Oregon Production Protocols, as well as State and Federal Guidance, we have adopted the workflows below in order to protect our clients and staff. Central will continue to refine these workflows as new guidance, new information, and new industry best practices evolve.
We also believe that transparancy is important, and welcome your feedback. If you have any suggestions, refinements, or comments – please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Covid Workflow Feedback”.
ORDERING & WRAP:
- A key anti-viral tool is passively leveraging time to deactivate the virus. Consequently, we request orders be submitted at least 48 hours before pickup until the pandemic is controlled. However we understand that needs will vary, and that each client will have a different safety approach tailored to their circumstances.
- We strongly recommend clients allow us enough lead time to load and seal orders 24 hours before pickup, and we will delay wrap 48 hours after drop off, in addition to our other active anti-viral measures. We realize this is not ideal from a production standpoint, but we ask for your patience and understanding while these measures are required, as time is a critical component of keeping you and your crew members safe.
- We’ve gone paperless. Earlier this year Central transitioned to an entirely tablet / cloud based inventory, loading, and rental system. Unless otherwise requested, Central will now distribute pick-up inventory forms electronically.
- No employee will report to work if they feel ill, have any symptoms of Covid-19, or have an elevated temperature.
- High touch areas of the Central warehouse and front office will be sanitized with bleach or alcohol as appropriate, each morning before open and each evening before closing.
- All order pick-ups and drop-offs are contactless until the pandemic is controlled, non-employees will not be allowed to enter the Central warehouse or front office.
- Orders will be pulled and isolated for 24 hours in advance of pick-up to “cool down” as client lead time allows.
- Employees will be gloved and masked during pulling / loading.
- Central’s long standing policy of sanitizing all seating, eating, and high touch hard equipment surfaces with bleach or alcohol (as appropriate) continues. We have also extended this policy to the hard surfaces in our vehicles.
- “Standard Packages” for all vehicles are still available with flat pricing, but we respectfully request only ordering what your job requires to help us control disinfection labor.
- APU expendable boxes have been removed from our trucks due to cross contamination concerns. Only specifically ordered expendables will be loaded.
- Expendables on your order are considered final sales, and non-returnable / refundable.
- Delivery services are currently suspended, due to both the staffing and exposure risk challenges it would pose. Our current trigger for reassessing deliveries is when the Tri-county area moves to Phase 2.
- All high touch hard “control surfaces” (e.g. steering wheel, door handles, shifter, climate controls, etc…) will be sterilized with bleach or alcohol (as appropriate).
- Only one employee will be involved in the prep of each vehicle and that employee will be gloved and masked at all times.
- Vehicles will be locked and sealed 24 hours in advance of pick-up to “cool down” as client order lead time allows.
- Orders will be left to “cool down” in isolation for 48 hours after drop off.
- Only one person will handle each order during inventory and unloading. That person will be gloved and masked at all times.
- Central will sanitize all seating, eating, and high touch hard equipment and vehicle surfaces with bleach or alcohol (as appropriate).
While it’s clear there is no one silver bullet that will stop this outbreak in its tracks, we are committed to doing our part to the best of our ability. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or special requests.
Have questions about Covid-19? Follow this link for information directly from the CDC.