Please email a cover letter and your resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
PULLER / LOADER
Central Rentals provides equipment, rental vehicles, project support, and communication devices for film, video, and still photography.
WHY YOU’D WANT THIS
This position was designed to provide you with a stable paycheck, benefits, and access to production tools while you transition into the Portland media community, start a media business, or complete an independent project.
- Gain visibility on and make connections in the Portland production community.
- Guaranteed and dependable hours with a fixed schedule.
- Fully paid medical and dental benefits.
- Central provided 14” MacBook Pro M1Pro Laptop
- Central provided Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription.
- Use of Central Inventory (within reason) for personal and paid projects.
- Add your device to our Verizon account, unlimited hotspot, data, and talk $40 per mo.
- 10TB of storage on our Promise R16 10GbE fast SAN (1000MB/s+)
- Work provided OMPA membership.
- Dog friendly workplace.
- Willing to work with you regarding family / childcare / school. Yes, we realize you have a life off the clock.
WHAT WE EXPECT OF YOU
The job duties of the Puller/Loader include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Prepare outgoing rental orders.
- Load equipment into trucks and vans in a safe, workable manner, ensuring accurate inventories.
- Receive and reconcile incoming orders upon equipment return, carefully noting missing, extra, or damaged items.
- Safely drive vans and cube trucks for refueling and delivery.
- Work efficiently and safely in a warehouse environment.
- Repair, charge, and clean/maintain rental equipment and vehicles.
- Keep equipment, storage areas, shop facilities, and property clean and organized.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work independently.
- Be able to move equipment weighing from 50 – 75 lbs regularly.
- Be able to stand for extended stretches of time.
- Be dependable, responsible, and on time.
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and general driving knowledge of the Portland Metro area.
- Have a strong attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Have a positive attitude, sense of humor, and reasonably good taste in music.
30+ hours per week, Monday through Friday schedule. Hours generally increase during the spring and summer months, with limited (pre-scheduled) evening and weekend overtime work occasionally required.
$16.15 hr +OT (Includes Performance Bonus)
Medical Insurance, fully covered by Central
Dental Insurance, fully covered by Central
Central Provided 14” M1Pro Mac Laptop
Central Provided Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription
10TB of storage on our 10GbE fast SAN (1000MB/s+)
Access to our Commercial Verzion Mobile Plan
OVERTIME (WHEN REQUIRED)
After 10 hours per day at 1.5x Base Rate
All Weekends and Holidays at 1.5x Base Rate
10 Federal Holidays are paid vacation days at straight time.
FLEX / FAMILY / SICK LEAVE
Accrues at 1 hour for every 25 hours worked.
To apply for the Puller / Loader position, please send a cover letter email to email@example.com and attach your resume in PDF format. No phone calls please.